Saturday, 23 May 2015

3 Birthday Cards

We have quite a few of my son's friends' birthdays ( including his!) over the next few weeks, so I had plenty of 4th Birthday cards to make up.

This week I found the Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp, so I thought I would incorporate that with my card designs. This week's challenge is to use stencils.

I recently bought the Memory Box 'Rings and Puddles' stencil and the Prima Marketing splatter stamps, and I couldn't wait to start playing with them as soon as I received them in the mail this week. I thought it would make such a fun kids card design.

Here are 3 cards I made.

I really like the watercolour shadow effect on the first one. I first put some ink on the plastic part of the stencil and wiped it across with a baby wipe to make stencilled watercolour shapes, then simply repositioned the stencil and 'coloured' in with a black Sharpie pen. I used different colours of Heidi Swapp Colour Shine on the splatter stamps.










The next two cards are the opposite, with coloured Heidi Swapp Colour Shine through the stencil and black ink on the stamps.




1 comment:

  1. Such fun cards! Love the splat stencil especially. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Stencil It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete