Friday, 8 May 2015

Charms Creations ISD Challenge and Mid-Monthly Challenge

The Charms Creation's team has put together an awesome sketch challenge in honour of International Scrapbooking Day.





And this is my layout







Also Charm has another challenge up over on the Charm's Creations Ideas and Inspiration group on Facebook. 

This is the 'Mid-Monthly' Challenge for April-May








And this is my take on it-





This was definitely a challenge for me. It took me a couple of weeks to think about how I was going to incorporate butterflies on a 'boy' layout. I really like this subtle background, for which I used gel medium through a stencil to make a resist, then used my gelatos over the top.


This turned out to be one-of-those disaster pieces, that thankfully I haven't had too many of. I had a fight with the double sided tape and lost! And then I accidentally knocked over my open bottle of mist while doing my ink splats! Having said all that, I absolutely love the outcome, which is why I persevered with it. That's the beauty of scrapbooking - you can cover your mistakes and no one would ever know!!


Thanks for looking. I hope you give both challenges a go.











3 comments:

  1. I adore both of these layouts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at your layouts I would never guess one was a disaster but I think we can all relate. These are both fantastic and don't you just love Charms "Creations". They fit on all sorts of layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I don't see any mistakes Rachel. Two lovely layouts, well done. Thanks for joining us at Charms Creations.

    ReplyDelete