Monday, 14 December 2015

Kraft + December Challenge- Wanderlust

The challenge this month at Kraft+ is all about travel and maps.




For my project for this challenge I thought I'd go for something different, and make a quote the focus of my layout.


This was a card from the Kaisercraft Captured Moments 'Getaway' collection, and I found it very inspiring.



For my background I smeared on some gesso, then used some sprays, paint and stamping. I've used an Amy Tan 'Finders Keepers' world map stamp, and I also used my personalised 'adventure' stamp from Kellie Stamps and Jodie York, which I just love.




The background layers are made up of Becky Higgins 'Vintage Travel' Project Life cards. Here is where I added some more map paper.



I finished off the layout with a bit of green raffia, a chevron from Charm's Creations, and I cut up a Heidi Swapp banner to make the triangles. I think the pops of light blue and lime green bring a more modern feel to the otherwise 'heritage' colour palette.








5 comments:

  1. The blue and lime work sooo well - especially that net flower:) Love how you've layered the card up like that - gorgeous take on our K+ challenge.....thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the challenge with the quote! Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ this month :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layers ..gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the elements you have here! That green and the blue is stunning. Thanks for joining us at K+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout, I love the design and the layering, just stunning! thanks for joining us at K+

    ReplyDelete