Thursday, 7 January 2016

Jot Magazine January Mood Board Challenge

My very first challenge layout for this year is for this GORGEOUS mood board at Jot Magazine.




Isn't it absolutely delicious! I am SO IN LOVE with this colour scheme!

As soon as I saw it on the blog I immediately went to my work space to put some ideas down. 

I had an old 6x6 paper pad (Vintage Charm from Ki Memories), and a favourite photo that I had already printed out in sepia. Because all the papers were from the same 6x6 pad, this layout was literally the quickest page design I have ever done (seriously, about 5 minutes!!!) I even surprised myself because I usually keep playing around a bit and changing my mind!

Here is my layout. This is a photo of my sister and my son having some beautiful auntie/nephew smooches.




My background is made with some gelatos applied to the page with the packaging technique, followed by some stamping.

I have used a book page heart from Charm's Creations and some D'Lish Scraps flair. I have fussy cut some more of the butterflies from the patterned paper, and added some buttons and twine to my cluster.



 I used the word 'LOVE' from the mood board in my title.



I continued the butterflies with some wood veneer butterflies, and I also added some cork arrows.



I kept to the 'heritage' theme with doilies, but also used some modern elements such as sequins and tiny word stickers. Some hand-written journalling finishes the page.











3 comments:

  1. Love those quick layouts and yours is awesome. That cluster bottom right is amazing and the photo is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout! Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Jot :-)

    ReplyDelete