Sunday, 7 February 2016

'Dream Today' - MTW/STG Feb challenges

The challenge at More Than Words Challenge Blog for February is the inspiration word: WONDERFUL and the technique: SPARKLE.

I have collected a lot of gold items over the past few months in kits, and I don't usually use gold very much because I mostly scrap 'boy' pages, but this challenge really inspired me to get them out and start playing.  Although I have to admit I have just discovered how difficult gold foil is to photograph!



I was also inspired by the challenge at Scrap The Girls this month - such a dramatic mood board! The black and gold combination is just DIVINE!




Here is my layout-




This is a photo of me getting ready for my wedding , 6 years ago now! I wanted to document that wonderful feeling of anticipation, and getting dressed up like a princess for one day. And what's more wonderful than a wedding!?

I have journalled on the back of my layout my feelings of excitement, but I wasn't all that nervous (only when I walked in to the ceremony with everyone turning to look at me!)


I just could not go past that My Mind’s Eye 'My Story – Take Aim' gold foil paper, and the Bella! paper with the gold and white stars on black.


My title is a wood veneer piece from the Maggie Holmes Shine collection. I kept it raw, as well as the Imaginarium Designs dragonfly chipboard pieces, as I love the texture, and it matches my book page background and Charm's Creations terrific tab.



I have added some Jen Hadfield 'Home-Made' ephemera for some extra gold bling, and those pink florals are just exquisite!
 



I finished off the page of with some Doodlebug enamel dots and some Crate Paper tiny word stickers. 

15 comments:

  1. Your page is just BEAUTIFUL.. that gold arrow velum looks really COOL!!Thanks Rach for joining our February Challenge over @ More Than Words... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have so many amazing details. Love all the yummy gold details. You have totally rocked our challenge at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many details to look at! Amazing! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page! Love the composition! Such a great eye for detail! All the best from More Than Words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that gold arrow paper! Beautiful layout and memory! Really enjoy all the little touches on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful page!you loooks fab!
    I understand when you say that it is difficult to take foil pictures , I never get a good one in your case I think you did it!
    thanks for Playing with us at More Than Words!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an awesome page for this challenge! Love all that gold!! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing page! And yes gold foil is hard to photograph! Thanks for joining us at STG.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I know what you mean about photographing gold foil! It's soo hard! You've done a fab job with both the layout and the photography though. I love that it really tells a story. Thanks for playing along at More Than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. super duper gorgeous, thanks heaps for joining us at STG ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining in at More Than Words!Amazing page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks gorgeous Rachel! I love your beautiful embellishing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always, a beautiful layout. Thanks for playing with STG

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful :) Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!
    Kareen

    ReplyDelete