Friday, 26 February 2016

Jot Magazine February Mood Board challenge

I finally got some time to play along with this month's
mood board at Jot Magazine.
The colour palette is so bright and happy.






Here is my layout. This is a sign post at a resort in the Barossa Valley not far from where I live. I like that the sign post is a reminder of how far away the world is, because in this little corner of the world it does feel like you are a world away from everything. 



I started by painting and stencilling some shipping tags
- to keep to a 'travel' theme.

I used acrylic paint through a few different Dusty Attic stencils.




I really like the CAS design of my layout, with all the colour and 'chaos' contained to the tags that are the background to my photo.



My title "Ready Set Go" is a Heidi Swapp 4x4 die cut card. 


 
I added a couple of doilies and some white hessian for some texture.



I finished off with a few sequins, and some black splatters.







2 comments:

  1. Nice work. Love the use of the Heidi Swapp 'ready set go' die-cut. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Jot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Rachel... from one South Aussie to another!
    I love the shipping stenciled shipping tags very much.
    Thanks for taking the challenge this month..
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete