Saturday, 13 February 2016

Kaisercraft February Mood Board Challenge

The mood board challenge at Kaisercraft this month is right up my alley - inspired by the latest collection 'Coastal Escape'. The beach is my favourite place to be, so naturally I love creating beach layouts.

Here is the mood board-



And here is my layout-



I took inspiration from the stripes in the mood board, and I used the sand paper from the "Base Coat" 12x12 paper pad as my base (mirroring the sand in the mood board). I also used some Cocoa Vanilla Studio aqua and white wood grain paper. 


The embellishments are all from my very favourite collection "Sandy Toes" Collectables pack. The colours of aqua, sand and white are so calming (they were actually the colours of my wedding too!)



I mirrored the palm trees on the mood board on my layout. 

I also added a Captured Moments card as another layer behind my tissue paper layer.


 I finished off with some sequins, and some twine to keep to the nautical theme.


3 comments:

  1. Such a great Layout, love the tearing and adore sequins! Good luck with the Kasiercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely your photo and how to use the mood board for inspiration, thanks for playing along at kaisercraft monthly challenge , best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel,
    This is a gorgeous layout, I love all the layers. Thank you for sharing it with us at Kaisercraft : )
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete