Sunday, 21 February 2016

Scrapping Clearly February Mood Board Challenge

This month's challenge at Scrapping Clearly is this gorgeous mood board. Blue is my favourite colour, and with this palette I absolutely had to give it a go.


Here is my layout. This is a photo of me and my sister as bridesmaids at our sister's wedding.


I was inspired by the image of the Moroccan tiles in the mood board, and I used this as inspiration for my background.



I used a Jen Hadfield stencil with Kaisermist 'Denim' straight onto a sheet of white cardstock. I then used the stencil again as a guide, and on another sheet of cardstock I stencilled different shades of blue acrylic paint. I then cut each shape out and adhered on my background. I stuck some on with foam tape, and pulled the edges up on all of them to create some dimension.



I have matted my photo on some vellum that I embossed with a Heidi Swapp embossing folder, to give some extra texture. I then matted this on plain blue cardstock, and some book pages and lace to add a cream coloured accent to my blue and white page.



My title 'Beautiful'' is from the Heidi Swapp water colour words pack. I have also used a couple of Heidi Swapp puffy stickers.


I have embellished with some different flowers from Kaisercraft, Kasszazz and Cocoa Vanilla. I have also added a couple of butterflies from Scrap Matrix.






5 comments:

  1. Rachel, I adore your background work just superb, and your clusters gorgeous!!!
    Thanks for joining us at SC for our Feb mood board comp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've done your background with layers, so perfect for your page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is a lovely page. So much effort into the background, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a beautiful page!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous page! I love how you have included a step by step of your process :)

    ReplyDelete