Monday, 7 March 2016

Creative Embellishments March challenge

I recently discovered that Creative Embellishments have a monthly challenge, so I thought I would play along this month.

The inspiration image looks like this





And here is my layout-






I took my inspiration from the triangular roof tops in the picture. I also picked out some polka dot patterns and colours from the inspiration picture. When the challenge was to show why I am lucky, I immediately had to scrap a photo of being with my kids.

My background is layers of gesso, gelatos, then Heidi Swapp colour shine and modelling paste through stencils. I have used a piece of Teresa Collins paper as my base. 


I used a pack of Creative Embellishments triangles chipboard, which I inked in black for impact. I deliberately misaligned my patterned paper under the chipboard triangles for a more playful feel. 





 My title ' grateful' is a piece from the Pink Paislee 'Cedar Lane' collection. I think it definitely fits in to the 'lucky' theme of the challenge.



 I finished of with a Heidi Swapp stamp, and some Doodlebug sprinkles.


6 comments:

  1. Those triangles are fantastic and so striking! They really pop! Totally love this page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, love the triangles in black, they really set off your LO. Thanks for joining our Creative Embellishments challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so much fun and great design! thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Original page and geometrical as like !! This is georgous !!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING layout and so striking! I really love the black on your white and grey background and your picture is so sweet love it!!! Thank you so much for playing with us this month at Creative Embellishments and the best of luck to you hugs Amy xox

    ReplyDelete