Monday, 21 March 2016

More Than Words March Challenge

The challenge at More Than Words this month is-

 the word: BLISS plus the technique of: GESSO


I was inspired to make a canvas for this month's challenge-


I firstly stuck my photo straight on to the canvas while I was putting down my first gesso layer. It looks like it was printed straight onto the canvas. I also spread gesso along the edges of the photo to give the picture a seamless and 'aged' look.  


I added some modelling paste through a circle stencil, then coloured the canvas around the photo with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays, and ink in various shades of blue.



I have embellished using real shells, which represents the beachcombing in the photo. I coated them in clear gesso, then a smudge of white gesso for more of an 'aged'  look. I love making canvasses because I do like to use quite bulky 3-dimensional embellishments.


The 'bliss' quote is from a Studio Calico Project Life card. The arrow stickers are from My Mind's Eye.



My 'HELLO' and 'Summer' wood veneer words are from Corbett Creations. The anchor chipboard piece is from 2Crafty, and the fishing net chipboard is from Dusty Attic ( I embossed this white). I've also used flair and woodies from Cocoa Vanilla Studios. I've finished off with some various enamel dots, beads, and some twine to keep to the nautical theme.


7 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Rachel. You have captured the whole beachy theme perfectly. Thanks so much for playing with us at More than words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the photo seems to be a part of the page - how clever! You've sure mailed the challenge Rachel! Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your Canvas is REALLY BEAUTIFUL.... Thanks Rach for joining in over @ More Than Words!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your summer canvas is awesome !! You worked the gesso and blue shades so well that all your elements and photo blend perfectly !! I loooove those sea shells too!!Thank you for joining us at More than Words !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! I love the elements! Thank you for joining us over at More than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful take on this month's challenge! Love the seashells and beach front embellishments! Adorable photo! All the best from More Than Words! :) I would like to invite you to visit my blog this month for a giveaway!http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! Totally bliss indeed! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete