Tuesday, 15 March 2016

'Nature Is Beautiful' layout

I was inspired by two mood board challenges for this layout.

The first is from Scrapbook Boutique-


My biggest inspiration was the images of the birds nests. I had the perfect photo that I have been meaning to scrap for ages. I also used the neutral colour palette with a hint of green.


And I am also playing along with the Dusty Attic March Mood Board-

I was inspired by the burlap, the wood grain,  and the neutral palette with a hint of pink.



And here is my layout-




I used a Dusty Attic cross stencil with some modelling paste that I coloured with a green gelato.
I have also used some Dusty Attic honeycomb chipboard and circle frame chipboard. I inked all the pieces in brown. 


 I added some twine under the circle frame chipboard to make a 'nest' shape, along with an assortment of patterned paper strips, doilies and burlap- just like a real birds nest is a mixture of many different fibres and textures. 




To keep my 'nest' as a feature in itself,  I kept the extra embellishments to a minimum.


I don't get to scrap with pink very often, and this was a chance for me to finally use this little Maggie Holmes resin bird and chipboard bow.



I wrote some hidden journaling on a pull-out tag.





8 comments:

  1. Love how our mood board inspired you to make the birds nest the focus of your layout, Rachel - just perfect! You have combined so many elements into your design, and they all work well together. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this layout Rachel!!! You've totally taken the moodboard and rolled with the theme. I love the photo, the layers, the twine the texture and that beautiful little touch of pink! Fanatastic to have you join us at Scrapbook Boutique this month.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic take on the inspriation, love all the added textures with the wood and burlap! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout but also how the board inspired you - thank you for playing along with Dusty Attic's Mood board

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you have picked up on the natural tones in the mood board Rachel with that gorgeous pop of pink to top it off. Great to see some scrapping entries over at the SB monthly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Rachel! And what a stunning photo! Thanks for playing along with us at The Dusty Attic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful creation...lovely elements and I love the rustic feel of the page...Thank you for playing along with us at the Dusty Attic this month...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful Rachel. Wonderful layering and use of the chipboards here. Thank you for playing along with us at The Dusty Attic.

    ReplyDelete