Monday, 11 April 2016

Kraft Plus April Challenge - Entry #2

I loved this month's challenge at Kraft + so much that I was inspired to do another page. My first entry featured my boys, so this time I wanted to a page about myself.

This is the challenge-



And here is my (second) page-


I had lots of fun creating this messy background - lots of layers including stamping, stencils, washi, splatters, paper, doilies, ribbon, cheesecloth, lace, twine - all in black or white.


My title 'Just Breathe' is a reminder to me that even though I am in the middle of all the chaos in life  (represented here by the busy background), that it's important sometimes to look after yourself so you are able to look after others. Crafting is definitely something I do for 'me' time, to relax and recharge my batteries after dealing with the stresses of daily life.


I've added a few 'pretty' items in my main cluster - flowers, butterflies, pearls, fabric-covered buttons, lace. I've also used some book-page embellies from Charm's Creations and a flair from D'Lish Scraps.






3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Rachel!!! I love all the texture and the elements and the details and yes it's busy but the white space balances everything nicely! Great title and a great reminder to take time out for us!
    Love it.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, there is so much to love about this layout! I love that you did it on yourself, we tend to be a bit neglected in our scrapping. I adore the texture & that background, it's beautifully busy. Thanks for joining us again over @ Kraft+ this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so beautiful! Love all the layers! Thank you for the inspiration! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete