Tuesday, 5 April 2016

Scrap The Boys April challenge - DT share

A new challenge is up at Scrap The Boys for April, and isn't it a sweet one.



Here is what I came up with for my DT layout. This is a photo of my husband carrying our eldest son on his shoulders at our local walking track.




Its quite a pretty layout, but I took the colour palette from the photo. I added the wood grain paper to continue the 'outdoorsy' theme, and also continue the stripes from the clothes they are both wearing.


I've used Heidi Swapp chipboard stickers, and ephemera from the Kaisercraft "Say Cheese' collection. The wood veneer stars are from Flutterby Designs.



I painted the Heidi Swapp 'Journey' wood veneer piece, except for the arrow part. I think it gives it an 'underlined' feel. 



I've painted the Scrap FX chipboard frame, then inked the edges for definition. I like how it makes a little window into the moment.

I hope you get a chance to play along with this month's challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the woodsy, outdoors feeling of this layout. That chipboard frame is awesome! Love this layout!!!

    ReplyDelete