Wednesday, 11 May 2016

123 Challenge Blog May challenge

I don't know if its the wild, stormy weather we've been having lately, but I've scrapped two grungy layouts in as many days! Today's layout is for the May challenge at 123 Challenge Blog.






I've scrapped a photo of my boys doing what they love - getting messy in the backyard playing with water, dirt, and inevitably mud! Any opportunity to play outside and they gravitate towards the water and the dirt. I do love watching how they play together and have so much fun, and the mess can always be cleaned up afterwards.

Here is my layout-



I really enjoyed getting messy to create my grungy mixed media background. I gessoed my page then applied some grey gelato with the packaging technique for my base colour. I then applied some black acrylic paint through a Kaisercraft crackle stencil. My next layer was some Colour Blast colour paste in Stormy Weather through a Dusty Attic checkerplate stencil, then once that was dry I used the grey gelato again mixed with some texture paste through a different stencil. 




I've used the requisite word 'great' in my title. I just love watching how my boys play so well together.



 I've used the a couple of cards from the 'Super Cool' Everyday Etc set from Flutterby Designs, as well as a ticket. I have also used a Charm's Creations star, a D'Lish Scraps flair and some Studio Calico tiny word stickers. 




I have added a couple of Kaisercraft die cuts - cogs in black card stock, and interlocking circles in white cardstock for some contrast.  I have also added some washi strips.


I added some ink around the edge of the page, and I double-matted my page in two different shades of grey card stock for a strong border. 

I really loved getting messy and grungy with all my layers of mixed media, definitely echoing my 'messy' subject!







6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, just love the back ground texture and stamps.. thanks for joining in with the 123 Challenge blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous mixed-media background and a perfect fit for this challenge and the cute photo. Thanks for playing along with the 123 Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Rachel this looks awesome, your mixed media background work is just fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at 123 Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! The background must have taken you ages.Thanks for joining us at 123 challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the background work, looks awesome. Thanks for joining us at 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work – this is such a great page. Thank you so much for joining in with 123 Challenge Blog this month

    ReplyDelete