Saturday, 21 May 2016

Dusty Attic/Scrapbook Boutique May Challenges

I surprised myself and found some inspiration to scrap a layout with pink! I found two challenges this month which inspired me to scrap a photo of myself - something I don't do very often.

I was inspired by the mood board at Dusty Attic. The first image of the face inspired me to scrap a photo of myself, and I really liked the 'Fabulous' and 'Glamorous' themes. I was inspired by the pink, gold and black palette, and the 'bling'.



I also used the pink and gold colour palette from the text in the mood board at Scrapbook Boutique -



And here is my layout-





I've used papers and ephemera from Pink Paislee 'C'Est La Vie'. I have to admit I wouldn't usually buy pink products if I was at the shops, but I've used products that I received from my subscription to Hip Kit Club. I guess that's the beauty of kit subscriptions is that you get to play and fall in love with products that you generally wouldn't think of.

I've used some Dusty Attic 'Industrial Barbed Stars' and 'Industrial Stars' chipboard which I painted black to contrast against the soft colour palette.




I've also used some My Mind's Eye 'My Story' brads, and some Kaisercraft Collectables from the 'Botanical Odyssey' range.


8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Rachel and good job for scrapping yourself! I agree with the whole pink thing but with all the pink going around lately, I find I'm enjoying using it.
    I love the cluster you've got going on and the white space is a great balance.
    So glad you joined us at Scrapbook Boutique.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the side cluster Rachel and all that gorgeous pink, gold and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful girly take on the mood board. Love your word ensemble on the side.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fabulous, love those layered embellies, they add such a great focal point to your photo. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous way of joining chic and industrial on one page!!! Love your photo and so happy you chose a Dusty Attic challenge to scrap it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an awesome layout!! I adore the design!! Thank you for joining us at Dusty Attic for the Mood Board Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this month at Scrapbook Boutique! x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nailed it!! Love the side panels and the cluster too! It so works! I'm not really in to pink either, but loved this challenge. Thanks for joining in our challenge 😀

    ReplyDelete