Saturday, 25 June 2016

Dusty Attic June Mood Board challenge

I absolutely love this month's mood board challenge at Dusty Attic. The beach is definitely my favourite place to be, and I just love scrapping beach photos. Especially at the moment when its the middle of winter and I can relive the happy beach memories of Summer.


I have done my project on a 12x12 canvas board. I really like the strength in a canvas board, especially as I like to add a lot of 3D embellishments and the canvas board can hold the weight whilst still being 12x12 in size.

Here is my project 'Explore"-


I started with adhering pieces of the Dusty Attic 'Large Fishing Net Panel' chipboard on my base canvas, then gessoing the base. I then coloured the whole background with layers of acrylic paint, Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays, Kaiser Mists and inks.

I painted over the fishing net chipboard with Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint to give it a 'weathered' look to keep to the 'beachy' theme.


I have used ephemera from Kaisercraft 'Sandy Toes' Collectables - perfect colours for the mood board, and even a couple of pairs of thongs! I've added some Little Birdie vellum flowers for some more texture and dimension. I've also added a flair button from Flutterby Designs.

My title is a Dusty Attic 'Blueprint Explore' chipboard piece over a strip of hessian. I painted it white then 'aged' it with ink.

I have added a lot of 'beachy' texture using cheesecloth, hessian, and real shells. I've finished off with some tiny beads and some splatters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment