Wednesday, 15 June 2016

More Than Words June Challenge

This month's challenge at More Than Words is something I'm not afraid to do with my art - GET MESSY! The second part of the challenge is to use the word 'IMAGINE'.


I thought I would do something a little different this month and enter an art journal page. I definitely like to use my art journal to get messy and experiment with techniques or colours. Basically its just a form of expression to 'play', without any restrictions!

I am participating in the Scrapping Clearly 2016 Circle Journal - where each month we receive a journal from someone in our group and add a page to their journal along their chosen topic.

The journal I have received this month has the inspirational quote "You May Say I'm A Dreamer" as its topic. The other criteria the journal owner requested was to use lots of colour.

It seemed to work in perfectly with the More Than Words challenge, especially because the quote is a line from the John Lennon song "Imagine' - so naturally I thought I would tie both projects together.

And this is what I came up with-



My initial inspiration was the 'Strawberry Fields' Memorial at Central Park in New York. I wanted to create a circular design.  
I decided on the clock image and the title "Take Time to Imagine" -  a reminder to make time to be creative. The design is a representation of imagination streaming out in all directions in all colours. 
 

I've certainly used lots of colour, and lots of mess! Plenty of acrylic paint and ink. I've also added some stamping for depth, and some ephemera pieces to tell the story. The butterflies represent freedom and the hearts represent passion.
 





5 comments:

  1. You sure got your "messy" on here Rachel, looks amazing. Fabulous take on our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How so perfect that you could combine both!! It's absolutely beautiful! Thank you for 'getting creatively messy' with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC Rach.....
    Thanks for joining in over @ More Than Words!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg!
    how did you do ?? is completely awesome!!! love your messy!hahaha
    thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take on our challenge this month!!! Love the colors!! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete