Saturday, 18 June 2016

Words And Paintery June challenge

Today I am playing along with the June challenge at Words And Paintery.

I just love this fresh colour combination-


The challenge intro suggested these colours represent the sun and surf of summer, and that is exactly my first impression of these colours, especially here in Australia.

Here is my page. I just love this photo of my son running as fast as he can across the beach towards the ocean.
 


I started by making a background with some Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Mermaid Lagoon as well as some yellow Kaiser Mist, both applied with the packaging technique. Once they were dry I added some dark blue acrylic paint through a circular stencil. The next layer was some 'butter' acrylic paint mixed with modelling paste through a tiny circle stencil.



I painted some wood veneer circles from Flutterby Designs, and added some sequins to continue the circle motifs.


 My title alphas are Pinkfresh Studio and Meadowbrook puffy stickers.


8 comments:

  1. Fab layout. Thank you for joining us at Words and Paintery challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! So fresh :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Words&Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your title is really enhanced by the textures and colors! Awesome job!
    Thank you for playing along with "Words & Paintery"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your title is really enhanced by the textures and colors! Awesome job!
    Thank you for playing along with "Words & Paintery"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! Thank you for joining us at Words & Paintery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you did your background! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Words and Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layout! Thank you for playing with us at Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely enjoyable to scrap pictures of d beach in winter. Such a gorgeous layout. Thank you for playing alongwith words and paintery. Hope you join us this month as well.

    ReplyDelete