Friday, 8 July 2016

A Very Different Art Journal

Today I have been inspired by the Denim Challenge over on the Finnibair blog.

The challenge is to be inspired to make a project inspired by 'denim'.

I thought I might try something very different and actually make an art journal page, but on a pair of jeans. I found a pair of jeans that my son has long grown out of, and my title of my project is


"What Little Boys Are Made Of"


Denim is such a perfect fabric for rough-and-tumble boys. These pants have been through a lot, and now I can keep them as a keep sake of my son's childhood.





I've used lots of paints, stencils, stamping, and lots of different little embellishments to represent all the little things that get 'collected' in his pockets.





I've added a little metal clock as a reminder to slow down and enjoy every moment, and not let time (and my boy's childhood) slip away too fast.





4 comments:

  1. Awesome work woo hoo! Thank you for joining with us the Denim fun at Finnabair blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved painting on my jeans! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, great project. Thanks so much for joining our denim challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing project! Thanks for playing with us on Finn blog!

    ReplyDelete