Monday, 8 August 2016

Picture This August Mood Board/ Challenge YOUrself #32

I've been inspired by a couple of challenges to create a selfie layout. 

I was inspired by several elements on the August mood board for the Picture This challenge, specifically the image of the brunette hair,the word 'alternate' because I like listening to alternate music. I also picked out the triangle patterns and the bold colours. 



I was also inspired by this month's challenge at Challenge YOUrself. I took the colour palette from the inspiration image, as well as the 'moving forward' analogy.




And here is my layout-


I started with a mixed media background - Tim Holtz sprays, then Colour Blast Australia texture paste through a Dusty Attic script stencil, then another layer of white texture paste through a Flutterby Designs star stencil.



My 'frame' paper is Jen Hadfield and I've added some orange cardstock as another frame around the white cardstock.



I've added lots of elements from the 'Let's Get Loud' kit from Kit The Habit - the flair, quotes, chipboard circles and the black arrow acetate piece. I've also added some 2Crafty chipboard circles.


I've added some extra details will the music stamping, and added some yellow triangles. The 'imagine' word is from the Shimelle 'Starshine' collection.



16 comments:

  1. Love it! Awesome background and beautiful embellishments! Thanks for joinng us at Challenge YOUrself this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your background and your ability to mix two different challenges into one. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job, I love how you interpreted the moodboards! The background's beautiful! Thank you for playing with us @ Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a beautiful background! I love your photo and title, too. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! We are very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, what a unique photo! Makes me think about how I should try to capture the smallest things about ones life! Love how you incorporated the mood-board! Shapes, colors, etc.. Thank you for sharing your artwork @ PT and hope you join us next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous layout! Your background work is gorgeous and I really like all the elements and colors. Beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic layout Rachel, love your background work and theme of your layout. Thank you for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mixed media background! Thank you for joining us at Picture This! challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The effect of your mixed media background is so amazing! I also love the variegated colors in this layout. Thank you for joining us at Picture This and look forward seeing your works next time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your mixed media backgrounds,so beautiful!!Love all embellishments.Thank you for your joining at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel this layout rocks!!! I just adore it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Picture this!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful take on the challenge, thanks so much for joining in with us at PT. Make sure you check out our latest challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really well done. You almost make us hear this page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! So fun and full of movement and texture, that circle cluster die cut is so fun. The color scheme is spot on! There is so much to love about this! Great job, thanks for joining us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!Such a amazing page!Thanks for joining us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job with the background! And your page ended up so well. Love it! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete