Saturday, 10 September 2016

Words And Paintery August challenge

I was really inspired to play along with this month's 
challenge at Words And Paintery-


And here is what I came up with-


I began my background with drawing a purple gelato directly onto cardstock to keep its strong bright colour. I then painted over with a small amount of water to blend.

My next layer was red acrylic paint mixed with string gel medium, then dripped all over the page. After waiting several days for it to fully dry, I could then move on to add some stamping.


With the background so interesting and punchy, I kept my embellishments to a minimum, using only resin flowers and some cut-aparts from Pink Paislee 'Ce'st La Vie'. 
(I used a tab die to cut out the words on to tabs.)




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout. Thank you for joining us at Words&Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page. Thank you for playing with us at Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fun background! Love your creativity! Cute layout.
    Thank you for playing along with "Words & Paintery "!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout! Beautiful colors.
    Thank you for joining us at Words&Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Thank you for joining us at Words and Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so much energy in this vibrant layout. Love the paint strings in the background! Thank you for playing alongwith Words and Paintery.

    ReplyDelete