Monday, 20 March 2017

Scrap The Girls March challenge

Today I am playing along with the 'SELFIE' challenge this month at Scrap The Girls



So here is what I came up with. This page is a reminder for myself to keep aiming high and reaching my goals for this year. I've positioned my photo 'peeking out' from under the layers, and I want to remind myself to be brave, and boldly step out in to the light. (For those that follow astrology I am a Cancerian, so very much hiding in my shell so to speak)



My papers are from 7 Dots Studio, Pink Paislee, and Heidi Swapp. 

I've used lots of wood veneer but kept it raw. I like how the raw colour pops off the dark background and adds another texture.





I've also added a couple of flair from Fabrika Decoru ( a jar and lightbulb are representations of my creative ambitions).


8 comments:

  1. Great page Rachel! That green against the wood veneer is a real wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout Rachel, I love the idea of the photo peeking out. Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those embellishment clusters are awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at STG xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page, you certainly have stepped into the light with this one! Gorgeous colors too
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page love it. Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap the Girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page! I love the chipboard title and the cluster on your layout! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours Rach! Thanks for playing along this month

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely layout, i love it! Thanks to playing with us at Scrap The Girls!

    ReplyDelete